Wednesday, September 30, 2015

{un}Bound

As the end of September rolls in, so does the end of Art Gallery's 30 Days of Sewing with AGF. I had the immense pleasure of being able to participate. After finally getting unpacked and settled in the new house, I really needed something to kickstart my mojo. April Rhodes Bound fabric was more than enough to do the trick.

While staring at my Bound fat quarter bundle, I really wanted to create something that felt free, away from the typical lines we stick to. Triangles aren't all that different, but my process was. I started cutting without a firm final vision, and let the quilt design itself. Here is the final product.


Everything about these colors was very soothing and natural to me. They also spoke of the southwest. It was that desert influence that led my triangles to become little peaks and valleys.


Here she is in all her glory. Being over 80" long, she was very very hard to photograph.


I tried to capture the quilting the best I could, but it is so hard to show quilting on white. I was thrilled with how it turned out. There are two triangles, one from the top and one from the bottom, that overlap to create  a diamond. The rest of the lines echo from those triangles. I think the quilting really brought the feel of the quilt together. 


As fall rolls in in most states, it is still sort of summer here in SC. It's what we consider fall, but I'm not sure 70 degrees is what most people consider fall. Thank you Art Gallery for having me on your tour! I look forward to seeing all of your fabulous fall lines as they continue to debut!

Happy sewing!

4 comments:

Yay! You are leaving a comment! I love hearing from you and try to respond to every comment. If you do not allow blogger to show me your email, the only way I can respond to you is here, so check back! Thanks for reading!