Wednesday, May 28, 2014

My currrent favorite WIP

I mean come on, how could I not be in love? I knew the minute I saw this quilt in the Color Intensive Class advertising pictures that I NEEDED the pattern. Not want or like, but NEEDED. It's bold and bright yet subtle in its complex geometry. It is called the Ikat Quilt.




Because the pattern designer is who she is, this pattern is worth the price and more, as per usual. It comes with two different methods; standard piecing and paper piecing, as well as all of the yardage requirements and instructions for both methods in various sizes! What a deal.

Anyhoo, this quilt is so fun, a fantastic challenge to my piecing skill, and so intricate compared to what I have been working on lately. I ran out of black, so now I am stuck waiting on fabric, but I am in love.

8 comments:

  1. And it's FANTASTIC! I'm sitting here thinking... how did I make mine without a design wall? Maybe that was the quilt that made me finally get one together =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm very much in love too! Gorgeous and really striking

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! .... I mean... WOW!! This is gorgeous and I am SO impressed with your piecing. I tend to go for the wonky look to avoid having to deal with precise and accurate piecing. My most recent baby quilt is my second venture into accurate piecing. Definitely a learning process and I have learned a lot thus far. Not quite ready for the challenge you have set out before you. Beautiful work Megan! I hope you have patted yourself on the back many times. :)
    ~ Christina in Cleveland

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fabulous !!!!!!!!! I also need to make one too. Too bad that it's a 29 page PDF ..... I would run out of ink. Again great job!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is simply gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Megan, I've been reading you for almost a year already and just want to say that you really make amazing things! Your blog is very inspiring! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just awesome! Your design wall is looking stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm doing the Angled Camp and bought this pattern at the same time I signed up!! You have just convinced me of my color palette. I LOVE Rachel's, and now I LOVE yours!! I just dumped out a bunch of these colors out of my scrap bin earlier today. (it catches large unfolded things too)
    keribaar@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Yay! You are leaving a comment! I love hearing from you and try to respond to every comment. If you do not allow blogger to show me your email, the only way I can respond to you is here, so check back! Thanks for reading!