Sunday, September 29, 2013

Sewing Summit - I'm Back

So to say that I had fun at Summit would be the understatement of the year. Prepare for a photo heavy post. The trip there was smooth, I saw some beautiful clouds along the way. Nature always blows my mind.


The first day was the shop hop. 






And it was totally exhausting. Who would have thought? We got back mid afternoon and went walking around the city. We had some poor soul take this awesome picture.


Friday and Saturday were full of learning. The classes were fantastic, and I got to meet all of these people that I had 'known' but never actually met. It was so weird! But awesome. Absolutely awesome.









And at night, there was open sew. It was like camp, or a giant sleepover. Haha. It was so relaxing and fun.


There were Berninas....BIG Berninas. Not going to lie, it was scary to sew on them. Look at the size of these things compared to my hand.


All in all the trip was amazing. And lucky for me, there was Starbucks just a couple blocks away. Unfornately for me, I forgot that it gets cold in the desert. My caffeine addiction made me push through though. This was my morning view.


Christina was there with a couple copies of her book and she signed one for me!!!!!


All in all, it was totally amazing. And I got to bring all my new friends home with me to hang out in my sewing room. 


I am still kind of recovering. The trip back was much less fun. I lost 2 shirts on the light rail, had a red eye home, got delayed due to mechanical issues on the second leg, and was awake for 40 consecutive hours. So now that I finally have nothing coming up, am done moving, and am almost settled in, I can sew at my leisure and be creative again. Happy!

1 comment:

  1. What a fabulous looking trip! I hope to do something like that someday. Might I just add that you are adorable? Happy sewing this week.

    ReplyDelete

Yay! You are leaving a comment! I love hearing from you and try to respond to every comment. If you do not allow blogger to show me your email, the only way I can respond to you is here, so check back! Thanks for reading!