Sunday, July 1, 2012

Sewing binge

Yesterday I went on a bit of a sewing binge. I had a whole bunch of bee blocks to do to catch up as apparently it is now July, as well as a block to dream up for the Believe circle of do. Good Stitches. Here are the end results.


Kristen in We Bee Modern admired a quilt that was done by Rita of Red Pepper Quilts and asked us to make blocks that had the same feel using the block on page 162 of 99 Modern Blocks. The block is called Seeing Double. 


For We Bee Modern Too, Jennifer sent us some fabulous fabric and asked us to make a block called Night and Day on page 120 of 99 Modern Blocks. I can't wait to see how the entire quilt turns out. It will be so bright and lovely!


For the month of June, the Believe circle was asked to make a 16.5 inch block with stars. It could have multiple little stars, or one big star like mine. I was planning to have two, but I did not realize how big the star would finish when I started making it. There was obviously a lot of forward thinking. So I went with one big giant star. The quilt is going to be fabulous!


Since July is my month to be the quilter in the Believe circle, I chose a wonky square block. I don't know what the true name of the block is, but I know I like it. I told the ladies to get creative with the size and placement of each of the rings and to use a red/cream/blue color palette. Not 4th of July colors though. More like playful boy colors. Hopefully it will turn out wonderfully!

4 comments:

  1. love love love!! great choice for july, can't wait to get cracking! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful bee blocks. I just finished one today too. Happy stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that neutral block with the pop of red! I think that will be a beautiful and striking quilt. The other blocks are awesome too. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hurray for your first do. Good Stitches quilt! Also, I'm loving that Rita-esque first block. So cool!

    ReplyDelete

Yay! You are leaving a comment! I love hearing from you and try to respond to every comment. If you do not allow blogger to show me your email, the only way I can respond to you is here, so check back! Thanks for reading!