Thursday, March 15, 2012

It's HERE!!

My Flea Market Fancy has arrived!!! I have been dreaming of a re-release for years and it is finally here.


I got the email from Hawthorne Threads about a month ago that it was going on pre-sale. Silly me waited until after I got home from work and had dinner to sit down and buy it. 3 of the prints had already sold out. SOLD OUT!! On Pre-sale!?! I was so sad. Naturally I quickly ordered the other 18 and went on the hunt for another shop that was taking pre-sale orders. I woke up a few days later (still not having found my fabric) and saw that Hawthorne Threads was doing a second round of pre-sales. YAY! The email had come out the night before, after I had gone to bed, and I had missed my 3 fabrics again!!! AGAIN! I was horrified.

Finally I found those lovely prints at Hart's Fabric, which I had never heard of before. They are really great by the way! Very easy to get in touch with and great customer service. Anyway, long story short, I had to send my fabric to my parents house since I didn't know when it would be released or where I would be living. It arrived yesterday, and I was in the car not long after. Yes, I drove 3 hours home just to get the fabric that I have been patiently waiting for. Haha. I am still waiting for the 3 from Hart's Fabric, but I have the bulk of it and I am o so very happy. I also had a present from my friend Christina at home waiting for me. She is just wonderful!! (If you haven't been to her website definitely go. So inspiring!!)

Also, if anyone has any of the out of print pieces of FMF and would like to swap, do not hesitate to ask!

Well now that I have made it perfectly clear that I have a weakness for FMF, I will give you something a little more interesting. I have started folding my fabric (1 yard or more) onto these cute little mini bolts. They make actual mini bolts (for this purpose), but they are rather expensive. I just bought comic book boards because a pack of 100 is only $5.99 or so. I bought the Image Guard brand, but there are tons of other choices out there. They are great for fabric because they don't contain any sort of chemicals that might leach into or harm the fabric (I mean if they are safe enough for comic books, they are definitely safe enough for fabric). So anyway, I bought the 'magazine size' which is 8.5 x 11 (inches) rather than the 7 x 10.5 because I didn't want any fabric left hanging on the top or bottom.




You can see how neat and tidy it leaves your fabric. They are so easy to stack and smaller pieces of fabric will no longer get sucked in and lost between the bigger pieces of fabric. You can put half yards on as well, but I just toss them in the bins I made for fat quarters. I have more room there than I do on my shelves.



While I am sure all of this organization is thrilling (not), I will definitely be back creating something in my next post. I have been so busy between the move and planning the surprise that I haven't even turned on my machine! I am totally going through withdrawals. Until then, its back to planning. Remember March 20th! It will be very exciting!

4 comments:

  1. i just got mine too! I have no idea what to make though! i'm just sitting and looking at it for now haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that you have it, what are you going to do with it? I completely get that you might want to hang on to it and just love it for a while though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I lvoe these prints! What are you going to do with them?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Far from boring this is the best idea I've heard in the longest time. I'm going to look and see if they sell them in England. I also love the fabric it's gorgeous and soon some of it shall be mine. ALL MINE!!!

    ReplyDelete

Yay! You are leaving a comment! I love hearing from you and try to respond to every comment. If you do not allow blogger to show me your email, the only way I can respond to you is here, so check back! Thanks for reading!